For Serious Sports & Superior Style
The Withings Steel HR Sport is a hybrid smartwatch (Black) specifically designed for your workout, featuring heart rate monitoring, multi-sport tracking, connected GPS and a Fitness Level assessment via V02 Max estimation. All of these advanced features are housed in a classic timepiece that goes the distance with water resistance up to 50m, a long-life battery of up to 25 days, and a durable stainless steel case and stylish Black watch face.
- Heart rate tracking - maximize your workouts with continuous heart rate and in-depth reporting plus daily and overnight HR
- Workout mode w/ Connected GPS - maps your session with distance, elevation and pace
- Fitness Level - assesses your cardiovascular capacity when running based on V02 Max estimation
- Goes the distance - water resistant up to 50m, 25 days of battery life, durable stainless steel case
- Sleep tracking - wake to a Sleep Score based on light & deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth & regularity
- Digital watch screen - smart notifications, steps, calories, distance, date, HR on demand plus 30+ sports for workout mode
Very impressed with the Steel HR; heart rate reading are quite accurate (within 1-2 BPM of an AliveCor KardiaMobile ECG unit at low heart rates...more difficult to compare at high heart rates because of natural variations). The battery life is impressive...still sitting on 1005 SOC after 3 days. Synchronisation with an Android v.7 Smartphone was straightforward. the overnight heart rate tracking which is the main reason I bought it works extremely well. My one beef is that the watch hands are too fine and difficult to read in low light...more so for me because I am hyperopic.
Thank you so much for the detailed and informative review Wayne. We are impressed to see how accurate the Steel HR Sport is compared with the AliveCor KardiaMobile ECG. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the watch hands and how they may be challenging to read in low light. One thing we can suggest in low light conditions is to click the button which will display the time on the OLED screen.
Thank you very much again for the time taken to write such an interesting review.
My Withings Steel HR Sport Hybrid Smartwatch is a beauty! A fantastic investment to keep me active as I get older.
The heart rate monitor has helped me become aware of a slightly elevated resting heart rate - so I'm trying to get that investigated and sorted.