Hybrid Smartwatches combine the look of a traditional analog watch, with the functionality of a smartwatch. The Withings Steel HR, Fossil Q Crewmaster, Skagen Signatur T & Misfit Command are examples of Hybrid Smartwatches.
A regular smartwatch generally have a digital screen and/or a touchscreen. The most popular example of a Smartwatch is the Apple Watch. Some others include: Samsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Fitbit Versa, Garmin Vívoactive 3. Smartwatches enable the user to tell the time (of course), received notifications (email, SMS), track activity (via accelerometers and multiple sensors, like a pedometer), often measure Heart Rate and also have the ability to allow apps to run.
So if smartwatches are so useful and versatile, why would a Hybrid Smartwatch appeal to some?
Why Choose A Hybrid Smartwatch?
Hybrid Smart Watches offer a fantastic combination of style and functionality, coupled with exceptional battery life.
Here are some reasons why Hybrid Smartwatches have become so popular:
- Stylish: Hybrid Smartwatches feature stunning designs, with analog watch faces stylish bodies and bands. Many just love the classic look of a traditional analog watch. With Hybrid Smartwatches, it isn’t often possible to tell that you are wearing a smartwatch. The feedback from many is that they find the look of the popular smartwatches
- Notifications: Hybrid Smartwatches have a variety of ways of performing notifications. The Withings / Nokia Steel HR employs haptic feedback (ie vibration) and has a discreet OLED display through which notifications are displayed
- Activity Tracking: One of the best features of Hybrid Smartwatches the activity tracking. The Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch, for example, features comprehensive activity tracking which automatically recognizes and records your specific activity or sport (walk, run, swim, and sleep). It also features a workout mode (listing 30 sports).
- Battery Anxiety: Despite the versatility of a standard smartwatch, many require daily charging. So for many, adding another device to charge is off-putting. Hybrid Smartwatches have a long battery life. The Withings Steel HR lasts 20-25 days per charge. This enables the watch to be used for sleep tracking (as you don’t have to charge them overnight).
- Syncing with Apps on iOS & Android: Like standard smartwatches, Hybrid Smartwatches can sync activity and metrics (such as heart rate tracking) with the relevant apps.